We want to share some articles and some links on pedestrian safety and pedestrian accidents that might interest you:
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Accident Hotspots in New York City
- The New York City Pedestrian Safety and Action Plan
- Pedestrian Accidents and Fatalities: Taking Steps to Keep Pedestrians Safe
- Pedestrian Accidents and New York’s No-Fault Law
- Are You the Victim of a Hit-and-Run Driver?
- A Ruling on New York’s Emergency Doctrine: Sun Glare is Not an Emergency
- Pedestrian Accidents: Building a Winning Case
- Pedestrian Safety for Older New Yorkers
- A List of the World’s Safest and Most Dangerous Cities for Pedestrians
- Manhattan Jury Awards $500,000 for Pedestrian Hit by New York City Transit Bus
- A Settlement for a Pedestrian in Manhattan Struck by a Taxi
- A $100,000 Early Settlement for Man Struck by Car in New York City
NY Times Article on the Trauma of Being a Pedestrian Struck by a Car - We want to pass on this moving article from the New York Times, written by Jill Abramson, about the experience of being a pedestrian struck by a car and the bond she shares with work colleagues who have suffered the same fate. On our staff, Mark was once hit by a van while crossing the ...continue reading
Question about a Pedestrian Hit by a Car - We received an email inquiry from a pedestrian hit by a car. We thought we would share the question and answer. Question I was a victim (pedestrian) of being hit by a car. The driver was a kid, but the car belongs to his father. I broke my leg, am missing work and may ...continue reading
Settlement for Woman Hit by a Car in Nassau County - A woman crossing the street near Nassau County Medical Center was struck by a car and injured. She retained the Schlitt Law Firm to represent her with her No Fault claim and her effort to gain compensation for her injuries. After filing a lawsuit, the defendant’s insurance company entered into settlement talks and agreed to a settlement that made the woman very pleased with the outcome.