New York Ladder & Scaffold Accident Lawyer
New York’s Ladder and Scaffold Law (Section 240 of the State Labor Law) provides essential protections to workers and allows injured workers to receive compensation if they suffer an injury on the job. The Ladder and Scaffold Law is a special section of the New York Labor Law that allows injured workers to bring lawsuits against contractors and owners responsible for their falls or objects falling on them. At any point, if you have questions or concerns, contact us and we will be glad to help you.
We have handled many ladder and scaffold cases. We know the leading causes of these accidents:
- Planking on a scaffold giving way because of poor design and maintenance.
- Planking giving way because it was overloaded.
- Ladders giving out because of poor design or maintenance.
- Ladders collapsing because of poor placement.
- Workers slipping and falling off ladders or scaffolds.
- Workers hit by objects falling from ladders or scaffolds.
- Pump-jack scaffolds collapsing because they rely on low grade wood.
Winning Ladder and Scaffold Cases
We have handled many ladder and scaffold cases with great success. These cases require the commitment that we make to all our cases: an emphasis on client communication and responsiveness, moving cases as fast as possible and maximizing compensation for our clients.
Yet ladder and scaffold cases require more. They require experience working with construction cases, experience analyzing contracts and service records, experience working with mechanical designs and knowledge of the cause of ladder and scaffold accidents. Winning these cases requires a dynamic attorney, but a good attorney is not enough. It requires a team including medical and construction experts to examine records, prepare for depositions and succeed at trial. We have that experience borne out by the settlements we have achieved, the cases we have won and the clients we have pleased.
If You Have Been Hurt in a Ladder or Scaffold Accident
If you or a loved one has been hurt in an accident with a scaffold or ladder, you may have many questions:
- Do you have a case?
- How will you pay for medical bills?
- What do you tell your employer?
- What about Workers’ Compensation?
- Can you receive compensation for your injuries?
- How can you make sure you are treated fairly and that insurance companies do not take advantage of you?
- How can you get the most money for your case?
We can put your mind at ease. We are dedicated to helping our clients so that we take the worry off your shoulders. We will protect your rights and work to ensure that you receive the most possible compensation. We will do our best to help you.
People injured in falls from throughout the New York metropolitan area have trusted us with their cases. Among our more recent cases, we have helped:
- A man injured when rotten wood on a Manhattan scaffold led to a fall and shoulder and knee injuries.
- A Queens cable installer fell from a ladder during building renovations.
- A Bronx attorney injured his finger when a ladder collapsed
- A Brooklyn construction worker who tripped and fell from a scaffold.
We have extensive experience working with ladder and scaffold cases in New York City and on Long Island. We have developed an investigative report to ensure the fullest development of these cases. We have assembled extensive case law to support our approach. This is all designed to ensure justice for our clients and to maximize their compensation.
If you have been hurt due to a ladder and scaffold accident, you can benefit from an attorney who has handled and won many of those cases. You need a lawyer who understands how to develop ladder and scaffold cases, how to move them fast and settle for the most possible money.
If the case cannot settle for an amount you want, you want an attorney who can go to trial and win for you. We can help you. Feel free to call us toll free at 1-800-660-1466 or email us at ladder@SchlittLaw.com.